• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2022

liuzhou

7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Now … this I‘d like to learn 🙏

Just between the two of us, I'll share my dirty but delicious little secret,    Originally using preserved lemon as a flavor base, I extrapolate this stupid easy process to, at this point, almost endless variation.   

So...Over low heat, melt several tablespoons creme fraiche (or sour cream) until warm and bubbly,.    Whisk in a strong flavor element.   Mustard or curry or chopped herbs are winners.    Whisk in as much butter as will accept which will be a LOT.    Keep warm over hot water    If it breaks, whisk in a spoon of heavy cream.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

eGullet member #80.

19 hours ago, gfweb said:

Looks tasty, but what's NY-ish here?

Sorry, NY = New Years - I should have extrapolated that a bit further.

This is a usual type spread for us during the aforementioned festivity.

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2022 at 4:58 PM, KennethT said:

Can you share your laksa recipe?

Sorry, I haven't got to type it. I based off a few online videos, among them, Palin's a good starting point. Most are quite similar in method and ingredients.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 1

~ Shai N.

Got our delivery of Lake Winnipeg Pickerel fillets this weekend.

Dredged with Old Bay seasoned flour and pan fried in OV. Eaten with Lemon Dill sauce, steamed veg, and Cavendish fries

2032424119_PickerelLemonDillsauce6863.jpg.bfc627fafed8f78e5db52bb3611f4f10.jpg

Spent the afternoon making Char Siu Baos. Had 3 dozen and 8 went over the fence for my pal / neighbor - 3 / 5 members tested positive for Covid

85145493_Baos6874.jpg.5ebcdcbe9b49f041f10afba2f324d21a.jpg

I had chicken drumsticks marinating in coconut milk, Thai red curry paste and Thai lime leaves. Supper came together easily with beets roasted in the oven seasoned Cavendish tater wedges, and breadcrumb coated chicken done in the IP air fryer.

1382882218_CoconutCurryairfryerchicken6876.jpg.647776b80ceb3bff4f94fdc9c7544071.jpg

• Like 12
  • Delicious 4

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

Made the dough for pizza Friday night and left it in the fridge until yesterday.
Matt took it out of the fridge around noon so it would be ready to use when I got home around 5:30.
1514371754_PepperoniMushroomandOlivesmallpizzaApril3rd2022.thumb.jpg.116afc61b98ef68f9e099291ce431f88.jpg
Neither Moe or I were very hungry so I made just a small pizza and baked it in the Ooni.
415214042_PepperoniMushroomandOlivesmallpizzaApril3rd20221.thumb.jpg.0116a8856e055147c1a21ca5730bac70.jpg
Pepperoni, Mushrooms and Olives.
  • Like 12
  • Delicious 6

22 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

So...Over low heat, melt several tablespoons creme fraiche (or sour cream) until warm and bubbly,.    Whisk in a strong flavor element.   Mustard or curry or chopped herbs are winners.    Whisk in as much butter as will accept which will be a LOT.    Keep warm over hot water    If it breaks, whisk in a spoon of heavy cream.

I love a beurre blanc sauce.   Like the idea of changing up the flavours.

• Like 1

@mgaretzI'm so sorry about your dad.

@Duvel Sheesh.  My company sprang for shitty BBQ once in a while......lol

First radishes of the year--Ronnie grew these in a big pot in the greenhouse from ones that had went to seed last year.

thumbnail_IMG_2161.jpg.3951044c7230c78723d24337cda1b538.jpg

So had to have a salad

thumbnail_IMG_2162.jpg.cb6dd1aaa3c9e031793882daf7b8d648.jpg

and the best calzones I've ever made.  I didn't do anything different than I usually do ....ricotta mixed with a lot of cheese and spinach along with pepperoni and Canadian bacon with lots of mozzarella and my usual pizza dough.  I could eat these again really soon.

thumbnail_IMG_2165.jpg.35e9f29a4e8f338dc5b01232164a4f69.jpg

Popcorn shrimp and shishitos

thumbnail_IMG_2174.jpg.7569cfa4f89f152766a5bbc1025abbf4.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2175.jpg.d3b248600c2564bf18fc1c6867260894.jpg

@Kim Shook's chicken Karaage and sauce with drunken noodles.  Had all intentions to do some egg rolls but ran out of time and energy.

thumbnail_IMG_2176.jpg.6708bb5eae808fa4d137890a9db73708.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2177.jpg.212245588037be6a4ab5f39698e880e2.jpg

Breakfast last night.  I made biscuits.  I suck at biscuits.  I even froze and then grated the butter.  I think my hands are too hot or something.  They were edible at least.

thumbnail_IMG_2181.jpg.3f584e3e329cfe1646bca716ab9216bf.jpg

• Like 12
  • Delicious 5

Today I was working my dad's taxes.  In his honor dinner was chili dogs made with Hebrew National dogs and a can of Hot Dog Chili Sauce from the 99 cent store.  My dad loved the 99 cent store.  I am sure the dogs were good but whatever flavor they had was hidden by the chili.  I have had worse dinners but I can't remember when!  Served with tortilla chips which saved the day.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs

2 hours ago, rotuts said:

@Duvel 

Nice !  Very Nice !

and thank you for the Menu .

what is the ' duo ' of beef ?  two different cuts ?

is the restaurant open all the time ?

or just special occasions ?

The „duo“ was a a combination of two cuts. A piece of probably tenderloin (medium, super tender) and two kind of spring rolls, filled with braised cheek. Served with a super rich demi-glace type of sauce.

The restaurant is open at all times. It consists of a large dining room in the second floor for a-la-carte lunch or dinner and plenty of rooms for private functions (doubling as meeting rooms for business during the day). I had booked a room for 10 in the top floor, and picked above menu.

At night, the large dining room is open to the public and the food is pretty good. Wine is even better (the company I work for operates one of the largest wine shops in Germany, conveniently located just next to restaurant).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1