• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

It's pot roast season now.  I hope prices start coming down soon though.  The bread is the same recipe I usually make but without the sour dough for flavor... just regular French bread with just flour, yeast, salt and sugar with enough flour to make a soft dough.  I cooked a potato with the meat in the crock pot, mashed them with cream, butter and salt and added them to some instant potatoes.  PS the weird lines in the gravy and around the plate is a reflection of a new light fixture that Charlie installed.

image-2.jpeg

image-3.jpeg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

It's pot roast season now.  I hope prices start coming down soon though.  The bread is the same recipe I usually make but without the sour dough for flavor... just regular French bread with just flour, yeast, salt and sugar with enough flour to make a soft dough.  I cooked a potato with the meat in the crock pot, mashed them with cream, butter and salt and added them to some instant potatoes.  PS the weird lines in the gravy is a reflection of a new light fixture that Charlie installed.

image-2.jpeg

image-3.jpeg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

It's pot roast season now.  I hope prices start coming down soon though.  The bread is the same recipe I usually make but without the sour dough for flavor... just regular French bread with just flour, yeast, salt and sugar with enough flour to make a soft dough.  I cooked a potato with the meat in the crock pot, mashed them with cream, butter and salt and added them to some instant potatoes.

image-2.jpeg

image-3.jpeg