• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I got a new cookbook a few days ago and the recipes all look good. This is the third one I have tried and I plan to do another one tomorrow.  It's called Cool Smoke by Tuffy Stone.  Since I don't watch the show where he is a cast member, I didn't know who he was but the book was recommended by Thermoworks and their emails with video tips and recipes are always good.  This one is pork chops on the grill and served with a mustard sauce.  My sister and I were talking the other day and she told me about a baked sweet onion with a tablespoon each of butter and Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce and placed in a cavity carved out of the top with half a bouillon cube, wrapped in foil, put in a baking dish and baked at 350º for ah hour.  Charlie said it reminded him of French Onion Soup.

20220610_164603-1.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I got a new cookbook a few days ago and the recipes all look good. This is the third one I have tried and I plan to do another one tomorrow.  It's called Cool Smoke by Tuffy Stone.  Since I don't watch the show where he is a cast member, I didn't know who he was but the book was recommended by Thermoworks and their emails with video tips and recipes are always good.  This one is pork chops on the grill and served with a mustard sauce.  My sister and I were talking the other day and she told me about a baked onion with a tablespoon each of butter and Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce and placed in a cavity carved out of the top with half a bouillon cube, wrapped in foil, put in a baking dish and baked at 350º for ah hour.

20220610_164603-1.jpg