• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

On 6/1/2022 at 1:47 AM, Borgstrom said:

Some yakitori, asparabacon and yakionigiri (amongst other things)on the new grill for Memorial Day.

I first saw one in use at MomofukuKo. They use the real deal but I have the imposter Thaan (sp) brand. Still burns long and clean. Unless a bit of grease hits the coals. And reusable. Some start the heating process in a hot oven. I just use my chimney starter with some cooking oil on lots of newspaper and a torch. 

I had my eye on one of these for a while being so portable. HIBACHI But ended up just using something I have next to our outdoor table. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 8.45.13 AM.png

Annie_H

Annie_H

On 6/1/2022 at 1:47 AM, Borgstrom said:

Some yakitori, asparabacon and yakionigiri (amongst other things)on the new grill for Memorial Day.

I first saw one in use at MomofukuKo. They use the real deal but I have the imposter Thaan (sp) brand. Still burns long and clean. Unless a bit of grease hits the coals. And reusable. Some start the heating process in a hot oven. I just use my chimney starter with some cooking oil on lots of newspaper and a torch. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 8.45.13 AM.png