• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

Massive thunderstorms in the NorthEast. Should end tonight. Had planned to smoke shrimp, merguez, and salmon. 

Did the stovetop method. At 2o'clock sausage, onion, and peppers with spiced roasted beans. Potato salad meant for tomorrows ribs. 10o'clock is what was left of a watermelon, mango, cherry tomato, pea, feta salad made earlier that we grazed on in the kitchen. 

Might try the smoked shrimp and salmon tonight. Maybe not. Indoor back-up. 

47 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

At this point, I was sure I’d overcooked the potatoes:

Recently I've found that slightly over-cooking and using two varieties of potatoes gives me some creaminess for roasties or my potato salads. 

Fortunate to have a few things prepped ahead. Storms really toss a wrench into dinner plans. I offered toasted split-top buns for the sausages---no takers.

IMG_3233.jpeg

Annie_H

Annie_H

Massive thunderstorms in the NorthEast. Should end tonight. Had planned to smoke shrimp, merguez, and salmon. 

Did the stovetop method. At 2o'clock sausage, onion, and peppers with spiced roasted beans. Potato salad meant for tomorrows ribs. 10o'clock is what was left of a watermelon, mango, cherry tomato, pea, feta salad made earlier that we grazed on in the kitchen. 

Might try the smoked shrimp and salmon tonight. Maybe not. Indoor back-up. 

33 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

At this point, I was sure I’d overcooked the potatoes:

Recently I've found that slightly over-cooking and using two varieties of potatoes gives me some creaminess for roasties or my potato salads. 

Fortunate to have a few things prepped ahead. Storms really toss a wrench into dinner plans.

IMG_3233.jpeg