• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I have agreed to a bigger job than I thought it would be.  The president of Charlie's low riders car club said his wife asked him to ask me if I would make some sides for a party she was having.  Turns out it is her birthday and it is also tomorrow,  and it is going to be during a huge gathering and car show of all the low rider car clubs in the Kansas City area as well as  other people coming in from as far as Mexico. She brought the food over a couple of days ago. Not in the picture are some bacon, onions and molasses.  I had no idea it was going to be for that many people. The food is just for their members and family though. There are going to be food trucks and vendors for the rest of the crowd.  I am a little nervous but feel I can handle it, I just hope people like the sides as well as she did when she had them here before. She asked for green beans and BBQ beans.  They have to be ready by around 9:30 AM tomorrow.

20220430_180821-1.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I have agreed to a bigger job than I thought it would be.  The president of Charlie's low riders car club said his wife asked him to ask me if I would make some sides for a party she was having.  Turns out it is her birthday and it is also tomorrow, Cinco de Mayo and it is going to be during a huge gathering and car show of all the low rider car clubs in the Kansas City area as well as  other people coming in from as far as Mexico. She brought the food over a couple of days ago. Not in the picture are some bacon, onions and molasses.  I had no idea it was going to be for that many people. The food is just for their members and family though. There are going to be food trucks and vendors for the rest of the crowd.  I am a little nervous but feel I can handle it, I just hope people like the sides as well as she did when she had them here before. She asked for green beans and BBQ beans.  They have to be ready by around 9:30 AM tomorrow.

20220430_180821-1.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I have agreed to a bigger job than I thought it would be.  The president of Charlie's low riders car club said his wife asked him to ask me if I would make some sides for a party she was having.  Turns out it is her birthday and it is also tomorrow, Cinco de Mayo and it is going to be during a huge gathering and car show of all the low rider car clubs in the Kansas City area as well as  other people coming in from as far as Mexico. She brought to food over a couple of days ago. Not in the picture are some bacon, onions and molasses.  I had no idea it was going to be for that many people. The food is just for their members and family though. There are going to be food trucks and vendors for the rest of the crowd.  I am a little nervous but feel I can handle it, I just hope people like the sides as well as she did when she had them here before. She asked for green beans and BBQ beans.  They have to be ready by around 9:30 AM tomorrow.

20220430_180821-1.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I have agreed to a bigger job than I thought it would be.  The president of Charlie's low riders car club said his wife asked him to ask me if I would make some sides for a party she was having.  Turns out it is her birthday and it is also tomorrow, Cinco de Mayo and sit is going to be during a huge gathering and car show of all the low rider car clubs in the Kansas City area as well as  other people coming in from as far as Mexico. She brought to food over a couple of days ago. Not in the picture are some bacon, onions and molasses.  I had no idea it was going to be for that many people. The food is just for their members and family though. There are going to be food trucks and vendors for the rest of the crowd.  I am a little nervous but feel I can handle it, I just hope people like the sides as well as she did when she had them here before. She asked for green beans and BBQ beans.  They have to be ready by around 9:30 AM tomorrow.

20220430_180821-1.jpg