• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

20 hours ago, heidih said:

Meal looks great. You've mentioned the laver alongside such a meal before. Selection at my Korean markets can be extensive With the type of meal you made are the sheets used like one would use lettuce - as a wrap? I am not familiar with that use - whch sounds good. More umami ;)

I have been thinking about the laver vs lettuce and I seem to recall that Charlie's mom & family nearly always had the seaweed  as a wrap with bulgogi but at restaurants, it's always been lettuce.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

20 hours ago, heidih said:

Meal looks great. You've mentioned the laver alongside such a meal before. Selection at my Korean markets can be extensive With the type of meal you made are the sheets used like one would use lettuce - as a wrap? I am not familiar with that use - whch sounds good. More umami ;)

I have been thinking about the laver vs lettuce and I seem to recall that Charlie's mom & family nearly always had the seaweed with bulgogi but I don't recall ever  getting it at restaurants. It's always lettuce.