• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

16 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Would that have been Fleur de Sel in Lunenburg?

I'll look on a map. He is French and spends summers there. Winters back home in France. His Fishermans stew is excellent.(not sure what he calls it). I've not had a more memorable lunch traveling the coast. A few rental motel type rooms right on the coast. Separate from the small restaurant. High strung, passionate, and very friendly. We try and stop by every trip if we have the time. 

Editing to add this is in NewBrunswick. Between StAndrews and StJohn---coastal. Back when the TCH-1 (?) was not yet re-built. I've visited Lunenburg when working in Halifax. Our first overnight sleep is StAndrews. That gives us plenty of time to reach the Newfoundland overnight ferry. A few stops along the way is easy if we get an early start from StAndrews. 

Annie_H

Annie_H

3 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Would that have been Fleur de Sel in Lunenburg?

I'll look on a map. He is French and spends summers there. Winters back home in France. His Fishermans stew is excellent.(not sure what he calls it). I've not had a more memorable lunch traveling the coast. A few rental motel type rooms right on the coast. Separate from the small restaurant. High strung, passionate, and very friendly. We try and stop by every trip if we have the time.