• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

8 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Thanks!

5 dried figs diced and cooked in about 3/4 cup water

1/4 tsp dijon, 1/4 tsp light soy, a little salt

Stick blended and strained to get out seeds.

Bacon on top

Thank you. We have a plethora of pork tenderloin. Long story but my husband is now facing a moratorium from buying meat without consulting with me first. I love figs and their flavour in anything, so will be treating our next pork tenderloin to fig sauce. I was happy to see that it was dried figs because fresh figs are few and far between here in the PNW, even when they are in season. A chain here, Earl's, does a fig, brie, thinly sliced apple sandwich on a baguette. It is my go to order when eating there.

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

4 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Thanks!

5 dried figs diced and cooked in about 3/4 cup water

1/4 tsp dijon, 1/4 tsp light soy, a little salt

Stick blended and strained to get out seeds.

Bacon on top

Thank you. We have a plethora of pork tenderloin. Long story but my husband is now facing a moratorium from buying meat without consulting with me first. I love figs and their flavour in anything, so will be treating our next pork tenderloin to fig sauce. i was happy to see that it was dried figs because fresh figs are few and far between here in the PNW, even when they are in season.