• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 minutes ago, farcego said:

You quoted @weinoo  but i wrote that.

Yes, I was unsure. for years they use to came from Peru for the factories, where often they are processed. But I have somehow the thing of having seen them tinned with origin China. I'll check and if i found something, I'll post. Never had engish asparagus. I assume from a quick search they are green. Are they wild or cultivated? (i.e. in spain there are both wild, and cultivated greens, quite different) 

Sorry. Pressed the wrong quote button.

Yes, English asparagus is green. It is cultivated, but has an extremely short season, about one month usually in May or June depending on weather conditions. This year it has arrived earlier in April.

https://britishasparagus.com/

liuzhou

liuzhou

Just now, farcego said:

You quoted @weinoo  but i wrote that.

Yes, I was unsure. for years they use to came from Peru for the factories, where often they are processed. But I have somehow the thing of having seen them tinned with origin China. I'll check and if i found something, I'll post. Never had engish asparagus. I assume from a quick search they are green. Are they wild or cultivated? (i.e. in spain there are both wild, and cultivated greens, quite different) 

Sorry. Pressed the wrong quote button.

Yes, English asparagus is green. It is cultivated, but has an extremely short season, about one month usually in May or June depending on weather conditions.