• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Raamo

Raamo

a letter

I had a dish from ATK I wanted to make but needed Niçoise olives which our local high end grocer didn't have... so a picture of that dish will likely come next weekend.

Tilapia was on sale, so we got that.  My wife remembered once home we had done some Tilapia dishes from Hello Fresh, we keep all the cards as they are good ideas.

So it's Louisiana-Style Tilapia with Potatoes Wedges, Cabbage Slaw (they called for red, we have green for another dish), & Spicy Remoulade.

Our old bay seasoning had a best by date of 2009... so it went into the trash, it tasted like salty cardboard.

A easy sub is equal parts celery salt, chili powder, and powdered garlic.

20220108_175943.jpg

The slaw is more my wife's thing - there's a lot more on her plate.  The sauce has a nice kick, I think we improved on the HF dish.

Raamo

Raamo

I had a dish from ATK I wanted to make but needed Niçoise olives which our local high end grocer didn't have... so a picture of that dish will likely come next weekend.

Tilapia was on sale, so we got that.  My wife remembered once home we had done some Tilapia dishes from Hello Fresh, we keep all the cards as they are good ideas.

So it's Louisiana-Style Tilapia with Potatoes Wedges, Cabbage Slaw (they called for red, we have green for another dish), & Spicy Remoulade.

Our old bay seasoning had a best buy date of 2009... so it went into the trash, it tasted like salty cardboard.

20220108_175943.jpg

The slaw is more my wife's thing - there's a lot more on her plate.  The sauce has a nice kick, I think we improved on the HF dish.

Raamo

Raamo

Our old bay seasoning had a best buy date of 2009... so it went into the trash, it tasted like salty cardboard.

20220108_175943.jpg