• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

6 hours ago, weinoo said:

A simple dinner, made good by high quality ingredients...

IMG_5941.thumb.JPG.813f142c4c593c42491f8785213c4d3f.JPG

Wild gulf shrimp, garlic, good olive oil, parsley, red chili pepper, splash of sherry vinegar. With a baguette and a salad.

4 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

More detail, please.   Gently sauteed?   Poached?   Serve warm or cool?    Any left for me?

Heat 1/2 cup of olive oil (and maybe a schtickle of butter) with a tablespoon or two of nicely minced garlic. When garlic is golden, maybe add 1/4 cup white wine and let it cook off for a minute or two.  Add large, wild gulf shrimp (for this dish, I shell and devein them, and brine for a half hour) in one layer to bubbling cauldron. Turn over after 1 minute. Don't overcook the damn shrimp! And then throw a splash of sherry vinegar and a handful of chopped parsley atop. Serve hot right out of the cazuela. Lotsa baguette for dipping.

weinoo

weinoo

5 hours ago, weinoo said:

A simple dinner, made good by high quality ingredients...

IMG_5941.thumb.JPG.813f142c4c593c42491f8785213c4d3f.JPG

Wild gulf shrimp, garlic, good olive oil, parsley, red chili pepper, splash of sherry vinegar. With a baguette and a salad.

4 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

More detail, please.   Gently sauteed?   Poached?   Serve warm or cool?    Any left for me?

Heat 1/2 cup of olive oil (and maybe a schtickle of butter) with a tablespoon or two of nicely minced garlic. When garlic is golden, maybe add 1/4 white wine and let it cook off for a minute or two.  Add large, wild gulf shrimp (for this dish, I shell and devein them, and brine for a half hour) in one layer to bubbling cauldron. Turn over after 1 minute. Don't overcook the damn shrimp! And then throw a splash of sherry vinegar and a handful of chopped parsley atop. Serve hot right out of the cazuela. Lotsa baguette for dipping.