• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I go, once again, to the price per portion.

Colavita, and their adulterated crap, can kiss my ass. 

And if anyone thinks there is no difference between a pasta like Barilla (which I use for certain applications) vs. Faella/Rustichella et al. (which I use when i want good pasta) is out of their minds.  All one has to do is open a box of each, look and touch, and tell me there's no difference.

14 hours ago, Sid Post said:

I'm looking for a noodle to work better on a plate with a thin sauce.  For more meat based sauces, I like a heavier noodle.

For a thin  sauce, I'd suggest a thin pasta - like thin spaghetti or spaghetti (not a fan of angel hair). For more meat based sauces, or chunky sauces, thicker strands work, as does something like a flatter pasta, or rigatoni or one of my faves, mezze rigatoni.

weinoo

weinoo

I go, once again, to the price per portion.

Colavita, and their adulterated crap, can kiss my ass. 

And if anyone thinks there is no difference between a pasta like Barilla (which I use for certain applications) vs. Faella/Rustichella et al. (which I use when i want good pasta) is out of their minds.  All one has to do is open a box of each, look and touch, and tell me there's no difference.

11 hours ago, Sid Post said:

I'm looking for a noodle to work better on a plate with a thin sauce.  For more meat based sauces, I like a heavier noodle.

For a thin  sauce, I'd suggest a thin pasta - like thin spaghetti or spaghetti (not a fan of angel hair). For more based sauces, or chunky sauces, thicker strands work, as does something like a flatter pasta, or rigatoni or one of my faves, mezze rigatoni.