• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

Added immersion blender

Zojirushi Fuzzy Logic rice cooker: use it all the time

Thermapen: Husband loves it

Pizza steel: invaluable 

Tamaki Gold sushi rice: delicious

Mala Market: pricey, but a great resource for some hard-to-find products I can't find (or I'm to lazy to look for)  in Oakland Chinatown

No doubt there's more, but I can't think of anything right now

Oh just thought of another: Bamix immersion blender. Don't know how I lived without it.

Not an unqualified success: Trader Joe's recommendations. I'm somewhere about 50/50. There have been  a few good recs, but TJ's is only useful for a few things in MHO. I don't buy a lot of appliances at this point, so no Instant Pot or CSO or SV or blast chillers, etc. 

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

Zojirushi Fuzzy Logic rice cooker: use it all the time

Thermapen: Husband loves it

Pizza steel: invaluable 

Tamaki Gold sushi rice: delicious

Mala Market: pricey, but a great resource for some hard-to-find products I can't find (or I'm to lazy to look for)  in Oakland Chinatown

No doubt there's more, but I can't think of anything right now

Not an unqualified success: Trader Joe's recommendations. I'm somewhere about 50/50. There have been  a few good recs, but TJ's is only useful for a few things in MHO. I don't buy a lot of appliances at this point, so no Instant Pot or CSO or SV or blast chillers, etc.