• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Old Singaporean Recipes

KennethT

This video just popped up in my YouTube feed...  it looks like a pretty good version of Chilli Crab and gives some history of it as well.  Supposedly, this is one video in a series of 8 - now I've got to find the rest!

• Thanks 1

I "won" a Malaysian cookbook on @Abra's blog once that trended similarly - gone in the great moving again garage sale. I did have a wonderful pamphlet cookbook that hit the right notes - the kind you get at check out stand (Oz) - I must find it. It was all good.Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

And for those who read the Singapore blog and wondered how easy/difficult it was to talk to people, Violet Oon has a very standard Singaporean accent... it's very distinctive but everyone basically sounds like her.