• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

I do.  If drinking scotch, for an Islay malt, I'll ask for a water back typically to add a few drops to the glass.  I'm particularly fond of Speysides and Highland malts, but every now and then nothing goes so well as a bracing Islay.  If we're talking bourbon or Irish whiskey, always neat.

Edit:  Sorry, missed the second part.  I've never actually had a bartender not understand my request for a neat pour.

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

I do.  If drinking scotch, for an Islay malt, I'll ask for a water back typically to add a few drops to the glass.  I'm particularly fond of Speysides and Highland malts, but every now and then nothing goes so well as a bracing Islay.  If we're talking bourbon or Irish whiskey, always neat.