• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Missing and/or discontinued candies

curls

Has anyone seen After Eight mints recently? Apparently Nestle has not discontinued them but any store nearby that lists them is showing that they are out of stock. They usually appear in the local grocery stores around the winter holidays but I don’t think I have seen them in the last 3 years. Not sure if this is pandemic related, local distribution issue, or something else.

8 minutes ago, curls said:

Has anyone seen After Eight mints recently? Apparently Nestle has not discontinued them but any store nearby that lists them is showing that they are out of stock. They usually appear in the local grocery stores around the winter holidays but I don’t think I have seen them in the last 3 years. Not sure if this is pandemic related, local distribution issue, or something else.

Just had a quick look at one of our supermarket online lists and they seem to be readily available so I wonder if it is perhaps a regional shortage?

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

32 minutes ago, curls said:

I'm sitting here looking at a my annual box of them.  My mother loved them and they were always her "Santa gift", so when I saw them this year, I had to buy them.  I found mine at a candy store that sells everything from nostalgia candy to high end chocolates and stuff from all over the world.  But I'm pretty sure I've seen them at other stores, too.  

• 2 weeks later...