• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Matthew.Taylor

Matthew.Taylor

3 hours ago, scott123 said:

It depends on the place, but, in most pizzerias, wait staff/front of the house is isolated from the nuts and bolts of food prep- and in some pizzerias, doughmaking is confined to only one or two people- or even sometimes it's farmed out to another entity, such as a local bakery.  How confident did they sound?  

I did a little more digging and found this:

https://www.facebook.com/SliceofColumbus/videos/970963109695786

A little more reconnaissance might help- like getting a dough ball, but it sounds like you're ready to start making pizza.

What type of pan are you using and what are it's dimensions?  Do you have a digital kitchen scale for weighing the ingredients?

I’m definitely gonna go again, though it may not be until next Monday at the earliest. I’ll definitely remember the dough ball. I do have a kitchen scale, not a big one but it will do.

Also, I just remembered, Adriatico’s refers to themselves as a New York Pizzeria (and sports bar) so this very well COULD be NY Sicilian style.

Matthew.Taylor

Matthew.Taylor

3 hours ago, scott123 said:

It depends on the place, but, in most pizzerias, wait staff/front of the house is isolated from the nuts and bolts of food prep- and in some pizzerias, doughmaking is confined to only one or two people- or even sometimes it's farmed out to another entity, such as a local bakery.  How confident did they sound?  

I did a little more digging and found this:

https://www.facebook.com/SliceofColumbus/videos/970963109695786

A little more reconnaissance might help- like getting a dough ball, but it sounds like you're ready to start making pizza.

What type of pan are you using and what are it's dimensions?  Do you have a digital kitchen scale for weighing the ingredients?

I’m definitely gonna go again, though it may not be until next Monday at the earliest. I’ll definitely remember the dough ball. I do have a kitchen scale, not a big one but it will do.