• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

We Eat at The Worst Michelin Starred Restaurant, Ever

liuzhou

“A hierarchical pecking order was being established, and when you’re the one desperately slurping sustenance out of the plaster cast of someone else’s mouth, it’s safe to say you are at the bottom of that pyramid.”

Whatever  the motivation, that’s a fine sentence.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

The problem with being on more than one food board is resisting the temptation to carry on duplicate discussions/arguments/agreements/disagreements.  Suffice it to say that I found the piece entertaining and laugh out loud funny.  Enough so that I've now subscribed to her blog and am reading her other stuff.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This is a rare case where I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the reviewer. There is no context in this or any imaginable universe where the mouth-lick dish would be anything but a horror. And the chef's reply pretty much cements him as a narcissist who's rather out of touch with what food is.

I tried to find other reviews of the restaurant for balance, but this kerfuffle has pretty much buried all the others in the Google results.

• Like 6

Notes from the underbelly