• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

13 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

I am one of  those people (and they are thousands of us if not millions)  who always know where north is

You are so lucky. I very seldom get lost because I'm able to retain a visual map in my mind and once I have been somewhere I never forget it. But if you ask me if I had to go north, south, east, or west to get there I couldn't tell you.

I have one friend who is so challenged that she had to give up on driving a car because she could never find her way back home again.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

4 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

I am one of  those people (and they are thousands of us if not millions)  who always know where north is

You are so lucky. I very seldom get lost because I'm able to retain a visual map in my mind and once I have been somewhere I never forget it. But if you ask me if I had to go north, south, east, or west to get there I couldn't tell you.

I have one friend who is so challenged that she had to give up on driving a car because she could never find your way back home again.