• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tobast

tobast

9 hours ago, heidih said:

I understand wanting and getting the input on your concept but can you give us an overview of the entire menu - it might prompt responses that help you. Brave undertaking ')

The menu doesn't really aim for great coherence — it's more a variety of small items we came up with independently. But I'm surely glad to share :) The buffet is entirely vegetarian, and we aim for a decent share of vegan (that is, vegan people shouldn't be frustrated by the lack of diversity). We're not entirely finished with the crash tests, so it might still change, but we have

* Gougères with Comté cheese (salted choux pastry with melted Comté cheese inside), topped with sesame and nigelle;

* Mini-skewers with caramelized roasted butternut cubes, raw finely-sliced butternut marinated with apple vinegar and mozzarella balls (vegan alt: dried tomato), topped with zaatar;

* Verrines of squash topped with coconut whipped cream and chili;

* Verrines of split peas and roasted hazelnuts;

* "Toasts" of puff pastry topped with apple marmelade, onion cream, leaks and sumac;

* Similar "toasts" with tapenade (olive spread), heavy cream and balsamic vinegar cream

* The mushrooms & potatoes described here — I think I'm actually switching for sweet potatoes though

tobast

tobast

9 hours ago, heidih said:

I understand wanting and getting the input on your concept but can you give us an overview of the entire menu - it might prompt responses that help you. Brave undertaking ')

The menu doesn't really aim for great coherence — it's more a variety of small items we came up with independently. But I'm surely glad to share :) The buffet is entirely vegetarian, and we aim for a decent share of vegan (that is, vegan people shouldn't be frustrated by the lack of diversity). We're not entirely finished with the crash tests, so it might still change, but we have

* Gougères with Comté cheese (salted choux pastry with melted Comté cheese inside), topped with sesame and nigelle;

* Mini-skewers with caramelized roasted butternut cubes, raw finely-sliced butternut marinated with apple vinegar and mozzarella balls, topped with zaatar;

* Verrines of squash topped with coconut whipped cream and chili;

* Verrines of split peas and roasted hazelnuts;

* "Toasts" of puff pastry topped with apple marmelade, onion cream, leaks and sumac;

* Similar "toasts" with tapenade (olive spread), heavy cream and balsamic vinegar cream

* The mushrooms & potatoes described here — I think I'm actually switching for sweet potatoes though