• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

@KennethT I understood that the trip you considered back then didn't came through. I hope that it's not because you had to cancel anything because of covid...

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

I'm curious as to what Pai will be like - from what I remember, a lot of people used to go there if they wanted to visit the hill tribes like the Karen and Hmong.  What put it on your radar?

Probably a bit quieter than usual, though my understanding is that things are getting lively again. I've heard a lot of good things about it - a few saying it was the highlight of their trip. We are looking for nature, villages, atmosphere. I'm a bit worried that Pai is a bot too touristy/fake, I'll check if there are tours to the local tribes from there that might seem decent. I sew a few around Chiang Mai, but it's good to have options. There's also the option of driving further towards the Burmese border, though we'd rather keep it within a day trip.

If you happen to be in the direction of this place I'd highly recommend it for an awesome seafood meal. 

Thanks! It looks great. We do plan to head this way, on our way to Hua Hin, so we'll try to time it for lunch or dinner :)

I'll give your blog a read-through, I'm pretty sure I checked it back when we started to plan, but it looks interesting (and appetizing :P).

shain

shain

@KennethT I understood that the trip you considered back then didn't came through. I hope that it's not because you had to cancel anything because of covid...

I'm curious as to what Pai will be like - from what I remember, a lot of people used to go there if they wanted to visit the hill tribes like the Karen and Hmong.  What put it on your radar?

Probably a bit quieter than usual, though my understanding is that things are getting lively again. I've heard a lot of good things about it - a few saying it was the highlight of their trip. We are looking for nature, villages, atmosphere. I'm a bit worried that Pai is a bot too touristy/fake, I'll check if there are tours to the local tribes from there that might seem decent. I sew a few around Chiang Mai, but it's good to have options. There's also the option of driving further towards the Burmese border, though we'd rather keep it within a day trip.

If you happen to be in the direction of this place I'd highly recommend it for an awesome seafood meal. 

Thanks! It looks great. We do plan to head this way, on our way to Hula Hin, so we'll try to time it for lunch or dinner :)

I'll give your blog a read-through, I'm pretty sure I checked it back when we started to plan, but it looks interesting (and appetizing :P).