• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

It's been a bumpy road. Back when we bought the tickets things seemed quite bright, with covid cases being low for a long while and most being triple-vaccinated. Then with the Omicron wave, and both Israel and Thailand changing policies every other day and blocking various countries. There were a few days where we knew Thailand will switch to stricter policies, and were worried they might suspend quarantine free travel. After a few days where I had to stop myself from rechecking news sites every few hours, it was announced that entry will be barred for those not already holding an entry permit, which we thankfully did.

Then I was suffering a cold and sore throat a couple of days ago, felt fine, but was worried about the test result... Those also turned out fine.

So know with all the tests, at least four digital forms, and a portfolio of documents - proofs of insurance, vaccines, booking, test appointments - we are to fly in less than 24 hours.

Quite a relief 🤤

Obviously, still abit worried about the flight, and after it, though the situation in Thailand is good.

---

The flighty is around 13 hours, landing in Bangkok afternoon. We will be taken straight for a PCR test and quarantine until results are received. We will have a short time in the city, before flying to Chiang Mai.

We will spend a few days there, taking day trips and exploring the city, including a new years celebration. The plan is to then rent a car, drive to Pai for two nights, and get back to Doi Inthanon national park for a couple of days. Returning the car and spending a couple more night in another area of Chiang Mai with more plans for day trips and some activities. Flight to Bangkok and a few days there, including a day trip to Khao Sam Roi Yot park and Hua Hin.

Two weeks total. We are still quite flexible, so more tips of any kind are welcomed.

shain

shain

It's been a bumpy road. Back when we bought the tickets things seemed quite bright, with covid cases being low for a long while and most being triple-vaccinated. Then with the Omicron wave, and both Israel and Thailand changing policies every other day and blocking various countries. There were a few days where we knew Thailand will switch to stricter policies, and were worried they might suspend quarantine free travel. After a few days where I had to stop myself from rechecking news sites every few hours, it was announced that entry will be barred for those not already holding an entry permit, which we thankfully did.

Then I was suffering a cold and sore throat a couple of days ago, felt fine, but was worried about the test result... Those also turned out fine.

So know with all the tests, at least four digital forms, and a portfolio of documents - proofs of insurance, vaccines, booking, test appointments - we are to fly in less than 24 hours.

Quite a relief 🤤

Obviously, still abit worried about the flight, and after it, though the situation in Thailand is good.

---

The flighty is around 13 hours, landing in Bangkok afternoon. We will be taken straight for a PCR test and quarantine until results are received. We will have a short time in the city, before flying to Chiang Mai.

We will spend a few days there, taking day trips and exploring the city, including a new years celebration. The plan is to then rent a car, drive to Pai for two nights, and get back to Doi Inthanon national park for a couple of days. Returning the car and spending a couple more night in another area of Chiang Mai with more plans for day trips and some activities. Flight to Bangkok and a few days there, including a day trip to Khao Sam Roi Yot park and Hula Hin.

Two weeks total. We are still quite flexible, so more tips of any kind are welcomed.