• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

Ahh @Smithy …

There is still one day left to document, thanks for the reminder 😉 Will do so tonight.

MIL was tired and truth to be told a tiny bit overwhelmed just how nasty the weather in Northern Germany can be at this time of year. Her fashionable clothes look like they are very warm & suitable for sustaining hours of rain, but in reality they do better in a Catalan climate context where 15 oC and a few clouds are considered bad. I think we all underestimated that part, and she was happy to have a hot bath and not having to go out anymore …

The red cabbage was braised for a long time, with apples, a lot of cloves and a touch of cinnamon and before serving amped up with some dark berry marmalade. I like it like that !

Duvel

Duvel

Ahh @Smithy …

There is still one day left to document, thanls for the reminder 😉 Will do so tonight.

MIL was tired and truth to be told a tiny bit overwhelmed just how nasty the weather in Northern Germany can be at this time of year. Her fashionable clothes look like they are very warm & suitable for sustaining hours of rain, but in reality they do better in a Catalan climate context where 15 oC and a few clouds are considered bad. I think we all underestimated that part, and she was happy to have a hot bath and not having to go out anymore …

The red cabbage was braised for a long time, with apples, a lot of cloves and a touch of cinnamon and before serving amped up with some dark berry marmalade. I like it like that !