• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

9 hours ago, Chocolot said:

The softer one is from Mexico. The firmer one from Africa. I buy 20kilo blocks. It’s a pain, but much cheaper. I chip off a chunk and melt then put in deli containers. Put the deli container in EZ. 

Wow Ruth!!! How many pounds of chocolate do you go thru in a year?

I'm beyond thrilled that the cacao butter drops that I have bought have all worked with my EZTemper straight out of the box. Each time I get a new batch of cocoa butter I wonder if I'm going to have to melt it or change the temperature on my EZTemper. I'm sure it will happen at some point.

curls

curls

6 hours ago, Chocolot said:

The softer one is from Mexico. The firmer one from Africa. I buy 20kilo blocks. It’s a pain, but much cheaper. I chip off a chunk and melt then put in deli containers. Put the deli container in EZ. 

Wow Ruth!!! How many pounds of chocolate do you go thru in a year?

I'm beyond thrilled that the cacao butter drops that I have brought have all worked with my EZTemper straight out of the box. Each time I get a new batch of cocoa butter I wonder if I'm going to have to melt it or change the temperature on my EZTemper. I'm sure it will happen at some point.