• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Azurmendy 2021 book

oferl

Another shot in the dark for info on modern chef/restaurant books 🙂 Maybe somebody purchased this (quite expensive) book and can give some insight on the ratio 

of culinary and recipes side vs coffee table book aspect ? Thx

2 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

I’m guessing it’s this one: Azurmendi(eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

Not much info on the Amazon listing. Kitchen Arts & Letters has a little more in their listing. 

Yes that's the one.. Montagud publication is i guess sort of a Spanish Phaidon 🙂 Can't say i loved some books i have related to them, 

like Atrio, so while Azurmendi 2021 book is of course very interesting, the current prices are intimidating. Most books in those higher price ranges, it's very hard 

to find appropriate info and references to consider, so eventually it's quite a gamble i have to say 🙂 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gfweb said:

Maybe it will get cheaper after the gift season.

I don't think it will happen 🙂 It's different with "niche cookbooks".. But i will continue checking prices for sure and maybe something will fall sometime.. 
And now i see the Disfrutar launched a big volume lately, around 150 euro before shipping, another one to the wish list.. And some other interesting ones, hard self-restraint 🙂 

• Like 1