• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I've not really utilized the broiler on my Wolf range to any extent. I've used it to heat up the steel for baking pizza, a la modernist something, but to cook a hunk of protein a la steak house - nah.

But I had this rather humongous grass-fed "steak:" Over 2 libs. about 1.25" thick.

IMG_5884.thumb.jpeg.2ef99ec18b10c7166d0ecc7360eb978c.jpeg

And something got into me. So, I cranked the broiler (there's only one temp - ON)...

IMG_5885.thumb.jpeg.e9d98197c72d44191558e18a9fa0e8b9.jpeg

3 minutes a side. And then an extra minute to finish.  It really should've gone for another minute or even two, giving me a little more temp, but I was kinda worried about overcooking it; didn't come close to that.

weinoo

weinoo

I've not really utilized the broiler on my Wolf range to any extent. I've used it to heat up the steel for baking pizza, a la modernist something, but to cook a hunk of protein a la steak house - nah.

But I had this rather humongous grass-fed "steak:" Over 2 libs. about 1.25" thick.

IMG_5884.thumb.jpeg.2ef99ec18b10c7166d0ecc7360eb978c.jpeg

And something got into me. So, I cranked the broiler (there's only one temp - ON)...

IMG_5885.thumb.jpeg.e9d98197c72d44191558e18a9fa0e8b9.jpeg

3 minutes a side. And then an extra minute to finish.  It really should've gone for another minute or even two, giving me a little more temp, but I was kinda worried about overcooking it; didn't come close to that.