Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Raviers de hors d'oeuvres riche

Recommended Posts

Google translates this as "ravished".


Also "Petit plat creux et oblong, dans lequel on sert les hors-d'œuvre."


creux = hollow

Edited by TdeV
More info (log)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A plat ravier is a (usually small) oval plate with a raised rim, on which small starters (hors-d'œuvres) are served. The suffix riche probably indicates a certain unctuousness …

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...