• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Latest eGullet thing to lust after

gfweb

I can't see the Revenue'Rs  USA

bothering w this 

and checking them checking the sales list is a bit (reddish-phycosis-ey)

but well , there it is.

however in Moonshine States  

both sides are going to be all over this.

MoonShine  Hunting is a regional pastime.

they even made movies about it , I think .

the Huning part.

• Like 1

I believe it is legal to distill essential oils in Australia so when you order your still from New Zealand it needs to be dual purpose.

I considered it but decided not to because I don't drink enough. I have a drinking problem - when I'm stressed, the last thing I want is a drink.

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

7 hours ago, rotuts said:

I can't see the Revenue'Rs  USA

bothering w this 

and checking them checking the sales list is a bit (reddish-phycosis-ey)

but well , there it is.

however in Moonshine States  

both sides are going to be all over this.

MoonShine  Hunting is a regional pastime.

they even made movies about it , I think .

the Huning part.

Do a little reading on the distilling forums - You may discover that the feds actually do have quite an interest in tracking people down

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Do a little reading on the distilling forums - You may discover that the feds actually do have quite an interest in tracking people down

It may not place one at the top of their to-do list... but if you ever appear on their to-do list for other reasons, you can be sure that a search warrant is immediately obtainable for whatever fishing expeditions they may wish to utilize.  Go ahead and order what you want... but know that your civil liberties are potentially part of the price you paid. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

37 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

So, Ms. Beal, you admit to reading distilling forums??

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

13 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

So, Ms. Beal, you admit to reading distilling forums??

I don't know about Ms. Beal, but I always use the name J.N. Walker for such things

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, cdh said:

It may not place one at the top of their to-do list... but if you ever appear on their to-do list for other reasons, you can be sure that a search warrant is immediately obtainable for whatever fishing expeditions they may wish to utilize.  Go ahead and order what you want... but know that your civil liberties are potentially part of the price you paid. 

Like all the Mafia etc types nailed ultimately on tax evasion

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cdh said:

A participant in one of the forums I visited during the aforementioned "rabbit hole" excursion quoted his father on that very subject. "Once the police have your number," he observed, "They never stop calling."

• Like 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

On 10/16/2021 at 11:35 AM, palo said:

I'm surprised the "moonshine states" such as Kentucky, Tennessee, and North Carolina are not on that list.

p

I think the lobbying in states such as KY and TN at least, precludes anyone else except the really big distillers from distilling.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?