• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Frozen Mousse re-creation

Tasty Bytes

Greetings,

I'm an at home ice cream making hobbyist and enjoy experimenting with new recipes, sometimes getting inspiration from store bought varieties. I recently have discovered something called So Delicious Dairy Free Mousse. It was in the ice cream are, but has a very unique airy creamy texture that is less dense than any ice cream, like a whip cream but ice cream qualities, very satisfying. I have yet to find a recipe that seems to approximate what they have a achieved, and am hoping some folks in this forum could help find a reasonable analogue to get close to this same result. I especially want to do this so I can customize the flavors, and make a larger amount. This can also be hard to find in stores. Thanks in advance for ideas

Below is the common ingredient list. I would be okay with a more simple recipe with common ingredients, though I can probably get most of the below items online 

Ingredients: filtered water, organic tapioca syrup, organic coconut oil, cane sugar, erythritol, chicory root extract, pea protein, sea salt, guar gum, sunflower lecithin, tapioca starch, natural flavor, xanthan gum

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hoping to boost this post and possibly get more eyes. The product has been renamed as LIGHT FROZEN DESSERT. Here is a link to one of the flavors so you can see the fat/sugar profile https://shop.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/cocoa-chip-coconutmilk-light-frozen-dessert

Any ideas for a low fat dairy free "ice cream" recipe base that comes out with a very airy silky smooth consistency is what I'm after, easy to scoop right out of the freezer.