• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sealed Wire Whisk?

scott123

I'm looking for an all stainless whisk with a length between 7 and 9 inches with an epoxy seal where the wires go into the hollow handle- or some other material that gives it an air tight seal. It seems like every stainless whisk I find on Amazon has a handle that will fill up with liquid if you put it in a dishwasher with the wires facing up.

Edited by scott123 (log)

I have this OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon Whisk (eG-friendly Amazon.com link).  It's 11 inches overall and the wire part is ~ 6.5 inches long.  Not sure that suits your size needs but the wires are sealed in the way you describe. They make other sizes, not sure if the design is the same. 

Here's a photo, where I hope you can see the way the wires are surrounded by a clear sealing material:

1259462688_IMG_4425(1).thumb.jpeg.8acc199799cb9d30b786ff321cea54af.jpeg

Ooops.  I just realized that you said all-stainless and this one has a plastic handle. Sorry!

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, scott123 said:

I'm looking for an all stainless whisk with a length between 7 and 9 inches with an epoxy seal where the wires go into the hollow handle- or some other material that gives it an air tight seal. It seems like every stainless whisk I find on Amazon has a handle that will fill up with liquid if you put it in a dishwasher with the wires facing up.

Wouldn't be hard to fill with epoxy yourself

• Like 1

Nothing gets into these Kuhn Rikons (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) either...

image.thumb.png.a6d5db3a4d26b8658e239af27aff86cb.png

• Heavy-duty Stainless Steel
  • Barrel handle is sealed and waterproof
  • Handle has hanging loop
  • Dishwasher safe

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I don't think I've ever seen a whisk that drinks!

Here is one of mine. It's a no name specimen bought many years a go in a local hardware store. I also have another, smaller one with the same design. They cost next to nothing.

It appears to be mainly made of one piece of stainless steel wire. The handle is hollow and open at both ends, so any liquid just runs straight through.

whisk.thumb.jpg.74c48c349fdf72163a92a950756c6ab0.jpg

Needs replacing after years of service. It's beginning to rust in spots.

• Like 2

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto