• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TicTac

TicTac

11 hours ago, heidih said:

Has everyone forgotten that the now dead Kardashian dad was OJ Simpson's attorney and there was talk of him hiding evidence?  I don't get celebrity status culture...  From Wiki  Kardashian was the man seen carrying Simpson's garment bag the day that Simpson flew back from Chicago. Prosecutors speculated that the bag may have contained Simpson's bloody clothes or the murder weapon.  Back to celebrations --- 

I was going to comment on the stupidity of our culture when it comes to 'celebrities', glad someone else did!  Most of them are not worth their weight and certainly should not warrant any attention more than a Doctor or Teacher should (the true 'celebrities' of our society) - we certainly have some things bass ackwards.

Back on topic - over the years I have formed the belief that "Hallmark holidays" are not when one should be limited celebrating with important people in their lives (Valentines day, Fathers day, etc) but rather any and every day is one to enjoy.  It's amazing how food (for most of us here) is the central factor when celebrations occur (perhaps a bit of booze as well!).  Being together with loved ones and friends should always be sufficient justification for enjoyment and celebration. 

Perhaps going above and beyond and cracking into the 'special' dried chili's from Mexico to boost your salsa up a notch, or dipping into the extra fine tequila for your margarita mix (can you tell we are having tacos tonight!?).  In other words, don't save the good stuff for 'special occasions'!

TicTac

TicTac

11 hours ago, heidih said:

Has everyone forgotten that the now dead Kardashian dad was OJ Simpson's attorney and there was talk of him hiding evidence?  I don't get celebrity status culture...  From Wiki  Kardashian was the man seen carrying Simpson's garment bag the day that Simpson flew back from Chicago. Prosecutors speculated that the bag may have contained Simpson's bloody clothes or the murder weapon.  Back to celebrations --- 

I was going to comment on the stupidity of our culture when it comes to 'celebrities', glad someone else did!  Most of them are not worth their weight and certainly should not warrant any attention more than a Doctor or Teacher should (the true 'celebrities' of our society) - we certainly have some things bass ackwards.