• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jedovaty

jedovaty

Nooo, it'll be a while before I try anything.  I'm on vacation in toronto right now 😁, and it'll be a month or two before I make more chocolate.

Both ideas will be challenging based on how I make chocolate.  Dump/scrape a large amount is problematic because I make so little ~900g, i.e. I'll have to probably make a double batch which I'm willing to try.  The piping method seems like it will be tricky keeping the chocolate at the temperature where it flows evenly, without getting lumpy.  Not to mention extra messy, considering I'm already the world's clumsiest derp :P 

Will report back when I try one or both methods!

jedovaty

jedovaty

Nooo, it'll be a while before I try anything.  I'm on vacation in toronto right now 😁, and it'll be a month or two before I make more chocolate.

Both ideas will be challenging based on how I make chocolate.  Dumping a large amount is problematic because I make so little ~900g, i.e. I'll have to probably make a double batch which I'm willing to try.  The piping method seems like it will be tricky keeping the chocolate at the temperature where it flows evenly, without getting lumpy.  Not to mention extra messy, considering I'm already the world's clumsiest derp :P 

Will report back when I try one or both methods!