• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New to the forum

Hello. New here and have found good answers to questions when running into technique issues in my bon bon business. Newest question is…
How do commercial candy businesses freeze thousands of bonbons, and pull properly to display for sale in their cases in their shops???  (Example: from walk-in freezers or commercial upright restaurant freezers, then let sit for a day in a walk-in cooler?)  Am looking to scale this down to my home operation to make candy making less overwhelming. 

• Also, if using a walk-in freezer, what’s the best means of storage for each flavor of candy that allows me to pull for orders as needed?  

Thank you all! 

@InfinityCandies welcome to eGullet. I suspect more people will see your questions if you post them to the Pastry & Baking forum. This is the area for new members to be welcomed and to share a bit of information about themselves. 

If you don’t mind sharing… where are you located? What brought you to eGullet? Do you have a candy store? What types of candies do you make?

21 hours ago, curls said:

@InfinityCandies welcome to eGullet. I suspect more people will see your questions if you post them to the Pastry & Baking forum. This is the area for new members to be welcomed and to share a bit of information about themselves. 

If you don’t mind sharing… where are you located? What brought you to eGullet? Do you have a candy store? What types of candies do you make?

Thank you. Will repost in the pastry section! 
like I said, I’m new 😉