• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rickbern

Rickbern

On 9/3/2021 at 2:27 PM, Franci said:

Hi guys, One year in the new house and I already had to repair this fridge twice (compressor problem) but the technician already warned me, next time you might have to replace the motherboard, he told me! I can already see ice building up in freezer. I am starting looking for a new refrigerator.  Problem is the dimensions. This is a LG lsxs22423s (width 32.8, depth 35.6 and height 66.5), obviously I am thinking of another brand. I am having an hard time looking for a replacement. I like the ice maker and water function. Freezer capacity is also important as now, living on an island, it more difficult to go shopping. Any suggestions? Thanks 

8622CFD2-9527-4E35-AEB1-A3EFDCDF90AD.jpeg

Don’t know if I’m too late to help but check the installation clearances before you buy anything. My guess is that lg expects more ventilation around that unit. There are minimal clearance built in units sold but they’re much more expensive. There’s probably nothing wrong with your fridge that an inch of airspace wouldn’t solve

Rickbern

Rickbern

On 9/3/2021 at 2:27 PM, Franci said:

Hi guys, One year in the new house and I already had to repair this fridge twice (compressor problem) but the technician already warned me, next time you might have to replace the motherboard, he told me! I can already see ice building up in freezer. I am starting looking for a new refrigerator.  Problem is the dimensions. This is a LG lsxs22423s (width 32.8, depth 35.6 and height 66.5), obviously I am thinking of another brand. I am having an hard time looking for a replacement. I like the ice maker and water function. Freezer capacity is also important as now, living on an island, it more difficult to go shopping. Any suggestions? Thanks 

8622CFD2-9527-4E35-AEB1-A3EFDCDF90AD.jpeg

Don’t know if I’m too late to help but check the installation clearances before you buy anything. My guess is that lg expects more ventilation around that unit. There are minimal clearance built in units sold but they’re much more expensive