• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pacojet Competitor? The Ninja Creami

andrewk512

2 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

But what is the sweet little machine you bought to replace it?    Is it now chopped liver?

Whynter. Works great. And I don’t even have to take the base’s temperature nor freeze it overnight.

• Delicious 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

The new chocolate came out pretty good.  Very smooth and decent texture, but not quite as creamy as I like.  Likely needs a bit more fat.  One spin on the ice cream cycle, nothing frozen on the sides.  First pic is right after spinning, second is after it's been in the freezer for 4 hours.  Still a bit soft to scoop pretty, I assume it will be better tomorrow.

Recipe was 14 ozs of lactose-free half and half, 120 grams of sugar, 1/4 cup cacao powder, 1 tsp espresso powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbs vegetable glycerin, 2.7 grams of Perfect Sorbet stabilizer from Modernist Pantry.

nc-choc2in-nc.jpg.dac97c6c3d65a16b17516fa0287c8f2e.jpg

nc-choc2-scoop.jpg.7ec2dae01fc5d993acb3e66945cbe35e.jpg

• Like 4

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

I could read all 7 pages plus again, but I have but a quick question:  has anyone tried this with a custard based ice cream?

Just did - this is the usual chocolate ice cream I make in my ice cream maker - it's 1 yolk cooked with milk to make a custard, poured into cream and milk with two eggs in the thermomix. 

First Ice Cream mix was sandy - did two more re-spins to get a nice texture. It's quite lovely - better than when I make it in my ice cream maker. 

The picture does not do it justice.

IMG_3750.thumb.jpeg.ee5d398f8261f157569986e0677c4479.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 2

16 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Thank you but all sold out!  Same with Ninja Canada, Walmart, Canadian Tire.  Best Buy, although they carry lots of Ninja, no ice cream maker.

I see it available to ship online from them.

3 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

I see it available to ship online from them.

You are right if you are referring to the $450 one.  I'm looking for the $200 one.  I have the Breville "smart scoop"  ice cream maker with the built-in compressor and in light of that can't justify (to my husband) getting the expensive one.  

1 minute ago, ElsieD said:

You are right if you are referring to the $450 one.  I'm looking for the $200 one.  I have the Breville "smart scoop"  ice cream maker with the built-in compressor and in light of that can't justify (to my husband) getting the expensive one.  

I see $294 - then you apply your coupons. here

• Like 1

Low res photo but I did a passion fruit sorbet and another white chocolate snow in the Creami today, based on standard freezer temps, snow from Under Pressure, sorbet from EMP. Texture of both was perfect. Served with a basil lime gel and braised pineapple

20210911_223145.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 2

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

Does that mean they have another model besides the NC301?

Amazon US offers one to two month delivery for the NC301.

Edited by JoNorvelleWalker
stupidity (log)

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

After a full 24+ hours in the freezer (after the initial spin), the chocolate is much better texture-wise.  The powdered coconut oil arrived today and I am hopeful that will give it the something extra it needs.  Tasted it and no hint of coconut, which is a good thing.

• Like 4
  • Delicious 1

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs

@ElsieD 

call them. worked for me , USA

the coupon took 24r hrs or so to get my email account

initial on line reqyest

so I ended up w two

one right away  ( the telephone call)

and the original on-line request the next ay.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMG_0260.thumb.jpg.a15f4d58890a6d5df7ed1ba45d142df6.jpg

so far , so good.

three boxes down.   the Ci comes very well packed. this is the third box.

when you get this , don't look at the Rx booklet

unless you have some time and can drop everything .

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rotuts said:

intersting ( USA ) :

Amazon :  4 weeks+ wait

BB&B on-line : in stock.

It isn't even listed on Amazon.ca.  I plan to call Ninja Canada on Monday.  They list the separate parts but not the complete package unless I'm missing something.

11 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Does that mean they have another model besides the NC301?

Amazon US offers one to two month delivery for the NC301.

Ninja canada shows a 300 model as well as the 301.  Both are listed as N/A.  Maybe the  301 replaced the 300?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All sorts of model numbers...but the manual is for the whole series

CREAMi™ NC300 Series OWNER'S GUIDE

Product series

Ninja CREAMi

Model #s

NC301, CN301CO, CN305A, NC300, NC301C, NC301HNV, NC301HRD, NC301HRG, NC301HSL, NC301HWH

Tasty Travails - My Blog

And looking further at the website, and replacement parts, there are two motor bases offered:

CREAMi Motor Base

Model:XBASENC300

CREAMi™ Motor Base with 5 One-Touch Programs to choose from: Ice Cream, Lite Ice Cream, Sorbet, and Milkshake. Select the Re-spin option to reprocess and the Mix-in option to mix a treat into your CREAMi™ delight.

$109.95

CREAMi™ Motor Base

Model:XBASENC301

CREAMi™ Motor Base with 8 One-Touch Programs to choose from: Ice Cream, Lite Ice Cream, Gelato, Sorbet, Smoothie Bowl, Milkshake. Select the Re-spin option to reprocess and the Mix-in option to mix a treat into your CREAMi™ delight.

$129.95

• Confused 1

Tasty Travails - My Blog

25 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Ninja canada shows a 300 model as well as the 301.  Both are listed as N/A.  Maybe the  301 replaced the 300?

There is an unreleased cheaper model that doesn't have gelato or smoothie bowl functions. I am still trying to figure out what exactly all the different buttons do

1 minute ago, weinoo said:

And looking further at the website, and replacement parts, there are two motor bases offered:

CREAMi Motor Base

Model:XBASENC300

CREAMi™ Motor Base with 5 One-Touch Programs to choose from: Ice Cream, Lite Ice Cream, Sorbet, and Milkshake. Select the Re-spin option to reprocess and the Mix-in option to mix a treat into your CREAMi™ delight.

$109.95

CREAMi™ Motor Base

Model:XBASENC301

CREAMi™ Motor Base with 8 One-Touch Programs to choose from: Ice Cream, Lite Ice Cream, Gelato, Sorbet, Smoothie Bowl, Milkshake. Select the Re-spin option to reprocess and the Mix-in option to mix a treat into your CREAMi™ delight.

$129.95

Interestingly it notes 5 but lists 6