• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mgaretz

mgaretz

@Kerry Beal Did you tell us you bought one?  Did I miss it?

This afternoon I mixed up another batch of chocolate ice cream, but not from a recipe in the book.  I used lactose-free half and half, sugar, vanilla extract, espresso powder and cacao powder.  I also used my normal glycerin hack and also added some Perfect Sorbet stabilizer from Modernist Pantry (because it doesn't have to be heated to hydrate).  (If it turns out good I will post the amounts of each.) If this works I will try subbing an allulose blend for the sugar.  And if that works I will try almond milk instead of the half and half.  I will report back tomorrow after spinning.

Another thing I want to try is cherry pie sorbet but with a "no added sugar" can.

mgaretz

mgaretz

@Kerry Beal Did you tell us you bought one?  Did I miss it?

This afternoon I mixed up another batch of chocolate ice cream, but not from a recipe in the book.  I used lactose-free half and half, sugar, vanilla extract, espresso powder and cacao powder.  I also used my normal glycerin hack and also added some Perfect Sorbet stabilizer from Modernist Pantry (because it doesn't have to be heated to hydrate).  If this works I will try subbing an allulose blend for the sugar.  And if that works I will try almond milk instead of the half and half.  I will report back tomorrow after spinning.

Another thing I want to try is cherry pie sorbet but with a "no added sugar" can.