• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andrewk512

andrewk512

6 hours ago, rotuts said:

@andrewk512 

any idea if the amount on the sides and bottom

get's incorporated after 1 or 2 ' re-processing ? '

mine arrived , and its resting

comfortably in the shipping box

for now

I have not had to try the re-process button yet. I would test it but I think it would actually melt a bunch of these ice creams

I did the Philadelphia style vanilla just now. This one sat in my conventional freezer overnight. There was actually no hardening on the walls. I think maybe the hardening on the walls might have been cause the exterior of my blast-chilled containers was too cold for the machine to process. It was also quieter today than when processing my blast chilled containers last night

I actually do not mind the noise it's just that I live in a poorly insulated townhome and don't want my neighbours to wonder why im running power tools inside all day every day

20210909_155443.thumb.jpg.8109def60615e69dd1755c7da2ced62f.jpg

Dana Cree's HMNIIC Philadelphia base with vanilla & cremodan 30. Her recipes have incorrect conversion between the grams and cups measurements. My gf made this base so she used the cups measurements cause she hates weighing things...

Pre process temp -18C. Post-process -10C. There was a faint hint of ice crystals right at the end if i grinded my teeth, very subtle. The overall texture was very dense and creamy. I personally prefer ice cream a little harder than this, but that could've also been impacted by the hot spoon I used to quenelle. Maybe the Pacojet recommendations for prefreezing to -22C is the way to go. Ideally I would blast chill this now to stop further ice crystal formation but I will see how it does cooling back to -18C in my regular freezer.

Oh also for this one I pressed the Gelato button, hoping for a denser product as recommended. I unfortunately have no reference of comparison to comment on any differences

andrewk512

andrewk512

6 hours ago, rotuts said:

@andrewk512 

any idea if the amount on the sides and bottom

get's incorporated after 1 or 2 ' re-processing ? '

mine arrived , and its resting

comfortably in the shipping box

for now

I have not had to try the re-process button yet. I would test it but I think it would actually melt a bunch of these ice creams

I did the Philadelphia style vanilla just now. This one sat in my conventional freezer overnight. There was actually no hardening on the walls. I think maybe the hardening on the walls might have been cause the exterior of my blast-chilled containers was too cold for the machine to process. It was also quieter today than when processing my blast chilled containers last night

I actually do not mind the noise it's just that I live in a poorly insulated townhome and don't want my neighbours to wonder why im running power tools inside all day every day

20210909_155443.thumb.jpg.8109def60615e69dd1755c7da2ced62f.jpg

Dana Cree's HMNIIC Philadelphia base with vanilla & cremodan 30. Her recipes have incorrect conversion between the grams and cups measurements. My gf made this base so she used the cups measurements cause she hates weighing things...

Pre process temp -18C. Post-process -10C. There was a faint hint of ice crystals right at the end if i grinded my teeth, very subtle. The overall texture was very dense and creamy. I personally prefer ice cream a little harder than this, but that could've also been impacted by the hot spoon I used to quenelle. Maybe the Pacojet recommendations for prefreezing to -22C is the way to go. Ideally I would blast chill this now to stop further ice crystal formation but I will see how it does cooling back to -18C in my regular freezer.