• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andrewk512

andrewk512

Three new recipes for the Ninja Creami

Apricot Sorbet
500g lightly cooked* apricot flesh (I didn't bother to remove the skins)
25g atomized glucose 
100g sucrose
citric and malic acid to taste

Blend, strain and process.

Peach Sorbet
500g lightly cooked* peach flesh (skins removed)
25g atomized glucose 
100g sucrose

*Lightly cooking the fruit to 90C for 2 minutes will dramatically reduce the polyphenol oxidase enzymes which create browning and lead to off flavors. This can be done by bringing to boil in a pot, or sous vide (but make sure the ingredients inside have reached temperature before starting the timer)

*This recipe will probably work for nectarines, but will not work for cherries

Apricot kernel ice cream, adapted from HMNIIC

**Consume at your own risk. consumption of apricot kernels in large amounts can lead to poisoning. I cannot confirm the safety of this recipe**

Use the Blank Slate Philadelphia Ice Cream recipe at 66% of original weight. Use 50% of the recommended glucose or omit. After bringing the cream mixture up to temperature, add 25 roasted apricot kernels and allow to infuse for 30 minutes before straining out.

---

Apricot and peach sorbets were perfect. The apricot kernel I would probably not do again, not worth it when almond would get a similar flavor with less effort and safety concerns. All 3 together were a bit too sweet, if I served them together again I'd cut back the sweetness or add an acidic component

20220825_130828 (1).jpg

IMG_20220825_135028_444.jpg

andrewk512

andrewk512

Three new recipes for the Ninja Creami

Apricot Sorbet
500g lightly cooked* apricot flesh (I didn't bother to remove the skins)
25g atomized glucose 
100g sucrose

Peach Sorbet
500g lightly cooked* peach flesh (skins removed)
25g atomized glucose 
100g sucrose

*Lightly cooking the fruit to 90C for 2 minutes will dramatically reduce the polyphenol oxidase enzymes which create browning and lead to off flavors. This can be done by bringing to boil in a pot, or sous vide (but make sure the ingredients inside have reached temperature before starting the timer)

*This recipe will probably work for nectarines, but will not work for cherries

Apricot kernel ice cream, adapted from HMNIIC

**Consume at your own risk. consumption of apricot kernels in large amounts can lead to poisoning. I cannot confirm the safety of this recipe**

Use the Blank Slate Philadelphia Ice Cream recipe at 66% of original weight. Use 50% of the recommended glucose or omit. After bringing the cream mixture up to temperature, add 25 roasted apricot kernels and allow to infuse for 30 minutes before straining out.

---

Apricot and peach sorbets were perfect. The apricot kernel I would probably not do again, not worth it when almond would get a similar flavor with less effort and safety concerns. All 3 together were a bit too sweet, if I served them together again I'd cut back the sweetness or add an acidic component

20220825_130828 (1).jpg

IMG_20220825_135028_444.jpg