• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To correct my fruit-o

The Bestia cookbook has a number of sherbet recipes and suggests layering them together for a "rainbow sherbet."  I made Blackberry buttermilk, orange and lime kept them separate.

9EE5732F-983A-4C15-A853-829192B96FAB_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.cc7d4a063dedc398bd16e80329ea18f8.jpeg

Blackberry buttermilk (with 1T cassis) - Pre-spin: -5°F, post-spin: 10°F.  Sorbet cycle, spin time = 2:24

Lime (with 1T Falernum) - Pre-spin: -0.5°F, post-spin: 9°F.  Ice Cream cycle, spin time = 1:38

Orange (with 1T Cointreau) - Pre-spin: -0.5°F, post-spin: 15°F.  Lite Ice Cream cycle, spin time = 2:28

My intent was to use the Lite Ice Cream cycle for both the blueberry blackberry buttermilk and orange as they don't have as much cream in them but I accidentally pushed sorbet when I went to spin the blackberry one last night.  I spun the lime and orange today and it seems my freezer must not have been as cold.   

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

The Bestia cookbook has a number of sherbet recipes and suggests layering them together for a "rainbow sherbet."  I made Blackberry buttermilk, orange and lime kept them separate.

9EE5732F-983A-4C15-A853-829192B96FAB_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.cc7d4a063dedc398bd16e80329ea18f8.jpeg

Blackberry buttermilk (with 1T cassis) - Pre-spin: -5°F, post-spin: 10°F.  Sorbet cycle, spin time = 2:24

Lime (with 1T Falernum) - Pre-spin: -0.5°F, post-spin: 9°F.  Ice Cream cycle, spin time = 1:38

Orange (with 1T Cointreau) - Pre-spin: -0.5°F, post-spin: 15°F.  Lite Ice Cream cycle, spin time = 2:28

My intent was to use the Lite Ice Cream cycle for both the blueberry buttermilk and orange as they don't have as much cream in them but I accidentally pushed sorbet when I went to spin the blackberry one last night.  I spun the lime and orange today and it seems my freezer must not have been as cold.