• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

IMG_4367.thumb.JPG.3b2d1f6138d71b55e4641af672463345.JPG

The Pacojet has some blades for use with non frozen food - a 4 blade cutter, a two blade cutter and a whipping disc (that looks like it should be able to grate cheese). Here's what happens if you put about 500 ml of whipping cream in an ice cold container and run the whipping program (which takes about 1 minute). Perfect whipped cream. I suspect I might actually be able to whip lower fat cream as well - experiments will ensue. 

There was nothing in the house that called for whipped cream - but hey - heat some rice pudding - top with whipped cream - because you can!

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

IMG_4367.thumb.JPG.3b2d1f6138d71b55e4641af672463345.JPG

The Pacojet has some blades for use with non frozen food - a 4 blade cutter, a two blade cutter and a whipping disc (that looks like it should be able to grate cheese). Here's what happens if you put about 500 ml of whipping cream in an ice cold container and run the whipping program (which takes about 1 minute). Perfect whipped cream. I suspect I might actually be able to whip lower fat cream as well - experiments will ensue.