• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

10 hours ago, Smithy said:

My Ninja CREAMi traveled around with us in the Princessmobile for 6 months and wasn't used even once. I've learned something about what not to bring along on a winter trip, even to warmer climes.

Today I brought it back into the house, plugged it into an electrical outlet, and was greeted by a mid-frequency (multiple of 60 HZ?) hum accompanied by the power light flashing on and then off. Once. No amount of button-pushing would turn the power back on. I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in. Same result. I installed the pint of persimmon custard that's traveled all of the desert southwest with us, made sure everything was properly aligned and ready to go, and plugged the unit in again. Same result. It sounds a bit like a motor trying to turn, maybe? But nothing is moving. I tilted the unit, checked for broken parts, tried wiggling things and even tried minor shaking and slapping. No change.

Any ideas? Is it possible that jostling in the trailer moved something out of alignment? Am I missing a step? (I can find the recipe booklet but not the Quick Start Guide.) Does something need to be oiled? What would you recommend for troubleshooting?

I'd try their customer service phone number.

If you don't have it I can get it for you (once I've had my coffee).

lindag

lindag

10 hours ago, Smithy said:

My Ninja CREAMi traveled around with us in the Princessmobile for 6 months and wasn't used even once. I've learned something about what not to bring along on a winter trip, even to warmer climes.

Today I brought it back into the house, plugged it into an electrical outlet, and was greeted by a mid-frequency (multiple of 60 HZ?) hum accompanied by the power light flashing on and then off. Once. No amount of button-pushing would turn the power back on. I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in. Same result. I installed the pint of persimmon custard that's traveled all of the desert southwest with us, made sure everything was properly aligned and ready to go, and plugged the unit in again. Same result. It sounds a bit like a motor trying to turn, maybe? But nothing is moving. I tilted the unit, checked for broken parts, tried wiggling things and even tried minor shaking and slapping. No change.

Any ideas? Is it possible that jostling in the trailer moved something out of alignment? Am I missing a step? (I can find the recipe booklet but not the Quick Start Guide.) Does something need to be oiled? What would you recommend for troubleshooting?

I'd try their customer service phone number.