• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andrewk512

andrewk512

1 hour ago, blue_dolphin said:

How did this do?  Sounds like a very refreshing combination!

It was still too gummy, flavor was great though. I am thinking the acid is creating invert syrup when boiled with the sugar so it was throwing off all my calculations. One day I will try it again

White chocolate sorbet looks delicious! I am glad there were no texture issues. In the EMP cookbook they suggest that if you let white chocolate bases chill thoroughly before freezing that you get graininess. Maybe the processing technique of the Creami prevents that

andrewk512

andrewk512

1 hour ago, blue_dolphin said:

How did this do?  Sounds like a very refreshing combination!

It was still too gummy, flavor was great though. I am thinking the acid is creating invert syrup when boiled with the sugar so it was throwing off all my calculations. One day I will try it again

White chocolate sorbet looks delicious! I am glad there were no texture issues. In the EMP cookbook they suggest that if you let white chocolate bases chill thoroughly before freezing that you get graininess