• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andrewk512

andrewk512

I did some preliminary reading that there is something inherent about chocolate that causes it to harden ice creams more. I have yet to look into this beyond offhand mentions I've seen about it in some books and online.

My one chocolate trial did harden up a bit more than expected at 24hrs although nothing that couldn't be resolved with a bit of time at room temp.

Sadly being away for work so much and going on vacation soon I haven't had much time to experiment with the Ninja

andrewk512

andrewk512

I did some preliminary reading that there is something inherent about chocolate that causes it to harden ice creams more. I have yet to look into this beyond offhand mentions I've seen about it in some books and online.

My one chocolate trial did harden up a bit more than expected at 24hrs although nothing that couldn't be resolved with a bit of time at room temp.