• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mgaretz

mgaretz

The latest batch was frozen in the big freezer and still came out like soft serve, so I think it's because I am using the lite ice cream cycle, so next time I will try the regular ice cream cycle.  I spun it about 4pm and put it back in the freezer,  Ate some at 7:30pm and it was firming up nicely with no hint of iciness.  I think it's going to be just right tomorrow tonight.  This recipe was modified back to 1 tbs of glycerin and I am using a stabilizer blend recommended by @paulraphael.

mgaretz

mgaretz

The latest batch was frozen in the big freezer and still came out like soft serve, so I think it's because I am using the lite ice cream cycle, so next time I will try the regular ice cream cycle.  I spun it about 4pm and put it back in the freezer,  Ate some at 7:30pm and it was firming up nicely with no hint of iciness.  I think it's going to be just right tonight.  This recipe was modified back to 1 tbs of glycerin and I am using a stabilizer blend recommended by @paulraphael.