• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I made a half batch of this Kabocha Vanilla Chai Ice Cream.  Very happy with the flavor and texture. Perfectly scoopable right out of the machine. 

According to the recipe, it's based on a Jeni's ice cream base.  My only modifications were to use canned pumpkin instead of the kabocha squash and I used the full amount of tea and spices to infuse the milk even though I halved everything else.  

Here's a scoop on top of a bread pudding-like thing from Dishoom:

IMG_4559.thumb.jpeg.f77d9e5d1fb3c9c7d1e733082a65817e.jpeg

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I made a half batch of this Kabocha Vanilla Chai Ice Cream.  Very happy with the flavor and texture. Perfectly scoopable right out of the machine. 

According to the recipe, it's based on a Jeni's ice cream base.  My only modifications were to use canned pumpkin instead of the kabocha squash and I used the full amount of spices to infuse the milk even though I halved everything else.  

Here's a scoop on top of a bread pudding-like thing from Dishoom:

IMG_4559.thumb.jpeg.f77d9e5d1fb3c9c7d1e733082a65817e.jpeg