• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Yiannos

Yiannos

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

24 out of 26 of those positive reviews are provided by people in Best Buy's "Tech Insider Network", which means they all got a free machine for writing some words down. I have owned a couple of Ninja products in the past (a combo slow cooker thing and an indoor grill) and ended up giving them away because they always felt a little cheap and while they did a lot for a little money, I never felt they did one thing particularly well.

Edit: I also have a really hard time believing that all that's missing from the Ninja machine is roughly $10K of durability.

Yiannos

Yiannos

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

24 out of 26 of those positive reviews are provided by people in Best Buy's "Tech Insider Network", which means they all got a free machine for writing some words down. I have owned a couple of Ninja products in the past (a combo slow cooker thing and an indoor grill) and ended up giving them away because they always felt a little cheap and while they did a lot for a little money, I never felt they never did one thing particularly well.

Edit: I also have a really hard time believing that all that's missing from the Ninja machine is roughly $10K of durability.

Yiannos

Yiannos

57 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

24 out of 26 of those positive reviews are provided by people in Best Buy's "Tech Insider Network", which means they all got a free machine for writing some words down. I have owned a couple of Ninja products in the past (a combo slow cooker thing and an indoor grill) and ended up giving them away because they always felt a little cheap and while they did a lot for a little money, I never felt they never did one thing particularly well.