• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

wannabechocolatier

wannabechocolatier

Could you folks help me out with some filling recipes with a good consistency? I don't need anything with fancy flavors, just some basic ganaches/caramels with an ideal consistency.

Greweling's book doesn't seem to have anything plain, everything's got alcohol, different flavorings, etc. Same goes for other books I've seen so far. 

Relevant ingredients I have on hand are dark chocolate, sugar, glucose syrup, butter, and cream. I could get an additional ingredient or two, but I want to learn the simple stuff before I try anything fancy.

Thanks for any and all recipes and suggestions!

wannabechocolatier

wannabechocolatier

Could you folks help me out with some filling recipes with a good consistency? I don't need anything with fancy flavors, just some basic ganaches/caramels with an ideal consistency.

Greweling's book doesn't seem to have anything plain, everything's got alcohol in or different flavorings, etc. Same goes for other books I've seen so far. 

Relevant ingredients I have on hand are dark chocolate, sugar, glucose syrup, butter, and cream. I could get an additional ingredient or two, but I want to learn the simple stuff before I try anything fancy.

wannabechocolatier

wannabechocolatier

Greweling's book doesn't seem to have anything plain, everything's got alcohol in or different flavorings, etc. Same goes for other books I've seen so far. 

Relevant ingredients I have on hand are sugar, glucose syrup, butter, and cream. I could get an additional ingredient or two, but I want to learn the simple stuff before I try anything fancy.