• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jonathan

Jonathan

12 hours ago, wannabechocolatier said:

Did you force them out with your finger or did you give the mold a tap and just had them fall out?

What's the ambient temp you're working at?

Did you use the fridge? If so, did you leave them at ambient temp for a bit before that?

What temp do you pour the chocolate?

Do you think it helps that you coated with cocoa butter first? Maybe it behaves the same way a filled chocolate would, with the white chocolate pulling the set cocoa butter back a little further.

Sorry for the interrogation! Just trying to get everything right.

Yep, I have to coax them out a little

Ambient temp here would be around 18-20 at present

I use a wine fridge at 12 degrees to crystalize, straight in after moulding

White choc I brought up to 29 celcius as working temp

I’m honestly not sure, I haven’t gone without cocoa butter for a long time but I don’t think it’s made a huge difference? For what it’s worth they do look like they contract from the mould but it’s a mission to get them to pop out even after filling sometimes

Jonathan

Jonathan

12 hours ago, wannabechocolatier said:

Did you force them out with your finger or did you give the mold a tap and just had them fall out?

What's the ambient temp you're working at?

Did you use the fridge? If so, did you leave them at ambient temp for a bit before that?

What temp do you pour the chocolate?

Do you think it helps that you coated with cocoa butter first? Maybe it behaves the same way a filled chocolate would, with the white chocolate pulling the set cocoa butter back a little further.

Sorry for the interrogation! Just trying to get everything right.

Yep, I have to coax them out a little

Ambient temp here would be around 18-20 at present

I use a wine fridge at 12 degrees to crystalize, straight in after moulding

White choc I brought up to 29 celcius as working temp

I’m honestly not sure, I haven’t gone without cocoa butter for a long time but I don’t think it’s made a huge difference?