• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

wannabechocolatier

wannabechocolatier

43 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

Oddly enough, I was molding with the CW 2295 today, had a few pieces that looked like they weren't going to release but came out just fine after a few whacks on the marble.  I almost took some pics or video but didn't, otherwise I could show you the stages of release. 

There's no real rhyme or reason - I shelled and filled 4 molds of the flavor mentioned above yesterday afternoon, refrigerated overnight and pulled them out and capped them today.  After capping, 2 molds looked mostly released and 2 didn't, so back into the fridge for a while - maybe an hour?  By then the other 2 molds had mostly released except for a couple of pieces here and there.  I got 100% yield on that flavor but had a little CB stickage on a few other flavors that unmolded more easily.  So who knows.  Make extra and don't be in a hurry :)

Yeah, I think I might need to work on longer timescales. Having to temper over a double boiler twice on two different days for the same batch seems like a hassle, though

wannabechocolatier

wannabechocolatier

42 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

Oddly enough, I was molding with the CW 2295 today, had a few pieces that looked like they weren't going to release but came out just fine after a few whacks on the marble.  I almost took some pics or video but didn't, otherwise I could show you the stages of release. 

There's no real rhyme or reason - I shelled and filled 4 molds of the flavor mentioned above yesterday afternoon, refrigerated overnight and pulled them out and capped them today.  After capping, 2 molds looked mostly released and 2 didn't, so back into the fridge for a while - maybe an hour?  By then the other 2 molds had mostly released except for a couple of pieces here and there.  I got 100% yield on that flavor but had a little CB stickage on a few other flavors that unmolded more easily.  So who knows.  Make extra and don't be in a hurry :)

Yeah, I think I might need to work on longer timescales. Having to temper over a double boiler twice for on two different days for the same batch seems like a hassle, though

wannabechocolatier

wannabechocolatier

35 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

Yeah, I think I might need to work on longer timescales. Having to temper twice for on two different days for the same batch